Deuteronomy 14:1–16:17 with Michael Rhodes
Listen here as Dr. Michael Rhodes (Carey Baptist College) talks to us about Deuteronomy 14:1–16:17. We discuss:
- The logic of the food laws
- The tithe laws and justice
- The practicality and meaning of the remission of debts every seven years
- The significance of the three yearly festivals
Relevant Work by Michael Rhodes
This post contains affiliate links
- Formative Feasting: Practices and Virtue Ethics in Deuteronomy’s Tithe Meal and the Corinthian Lord’s Supper. Peter Lang, 2022.
Other Works Mentioned in this Episode
- “Why Don’t We Sing Justice Songs in Worship?” Christianity Today. 30 Sep 2021.
- Mark Glanville, Adopting the Stranger as Kindred in Deuteronomy. SBL Press, 2018.
This Week’s Blurb
In this episode, Michael Rhodes Recommends:
- Reading the works of Susanna Clarke
- Reading Scripture with people of different cultural, ethnic, and geographical backgrounds
Visit our website at thetwotestaments.com, where you can subscribe and continue your guided journey through Scripture.
Find us on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Vurbl, iHeart Radio, Amazon Music, and Pocket Casts.
Watch us on Youtube.