Matthew 24–25 with Anders Runesson
Dr. Anders Runesson (University of Oslo) talks to us about Matthew 24–25. We discuss:
- God’s wrath and judgment
- the destruction of the temple
- the relationship between the temple and the death of Jesus
- signs of the coming of the Son of Man
- the meaning of “the abomination of desolation”
- the parable of the talents
- the judgment of the sheep and the goats
- the meaning of “eternal fire” and “eternal punishment” and the purpose of Matthew’s judgment imagery
Relevant Works by Dr. Anders Runesson
This post contains affiliate links
- Divine Wrath and Salvation in Matthew: The Narrative World of the First Gospel. Fortress, 2016.
- Matthew within Judaism: Israel and the Nations in the First Gospel, ed. with Daniel Gurtner. Society of Biblical Literature, 2020.
anders Runesson RecommendS
- Journal of the Jesus Movement in its Jewish Setting (an open access and free academic journal)
- A Comparative Handbook to the Gospels of Matthew and Luke: Comparisons with Pseudepigrapha, the Qumran Scrolls, and Rabbinic Literature. Brill, 2021.
Visit our website at thetwotestaments.com, where you can subscribe and continue your guided journey through Scripture.
Find us on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Vurbl, iHeart Radio, Amazon Music, and Pocket Casts.
Watch us on Youtube.