Deuteronomy 16:18–18:22 with Jeff Leonard
Listen here as Dr. Jeff Leonard (Samford University) talks to us about Deuteronomy 16:18–18:22. We discuss:
- The roles of judges and their enforcement of convenant justice.
- The law for kings and its connection to Israel’s later history
- The priests, their relationship to judges
- The description of prophecy, the tests for true prophets, and the end of prophecy
Relevant Work by Jeff Leonard
This post contains affiliate links
- Seekers in the Hands of an Elusive God. Hendrickson, forthcoming.
Other Works Mentioned in this Episode
- Jeff Leonard, Creation Rediscovered: Finding New Meaning in an Ancient Story. Hendrickson, 2020.
- Jeffery Stackert, A Prophet Like Moses: Prophecy, Law, and Israelite Religion. Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Nili Wazana, “The Law of the King (Deut 17:14-20) in the Light of Empire and Destruction”, pages 169-194 in P. Dubovský, D. Markl, J.-P. Sonnet (eds.), The Fall of Jerusalem and the Rise of the Torah. Mohr Siebeck 2016.
This Week’s Blurb
In this episode, Jeff Leonard recommends:
Visit our website at thetwotestaments.com, where you can subscribe and continue your guided journey through Scripture.
Watch us on Youtube.