Deuteronomy 16:18–18:22 with Jeff Leonard
Listen here as Dr. Jeff Leonard (Samford University) talks to us about Deuteronomy 16:18–18:22. We discuss:
- The roles of judges and their enforcement of convenant justice.
- The law for kings and its connection to Israel’s later history
- The priests, their relationship to judges
- The description of prophecy, the tests for true prophets, and the end of prophecy
Relevant Work by Jeff Leonard
This post contains affiliate links
- Seekers in the Hands of an Elusive God. Hendrickson, forthcoming.
Other Works Mentioned in this Episode
- Jeff Leonard, Creation Rediscovered: Finding New Meaning in an Ancient Story. Hendrickson, 2020.
- Jeffery Stackert, A Prophet Like Moses: Prophecy, Law, and Israelite Religion. Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Nili Wazana, “The Law of the King (Deut 17:14-20) in the Light of Empire and Destruction”, pages 169-194 in P. Dubovský, D. Markl, J.-P. Sonnet (eds.), The Fall of Jerusalem and the Rise of the Torah. Mohr Siebeck 2016.
This Week’s Blurb
In this episode, Jeff Leonard recommends:
Visit our website at thetwotestaments.com, where you can subscribe and continue your guided journey through Scripture.
Find us on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Vurbl, iHeart Radio, Amazon Music, and Pocket Casts.
Watch us on Youtube.