Wrestling with Job with Bill Kynes and Will Kynes
Join us for this bonus episode as father-son co-authors Dr. Bill Kynes (Senior Fellow for Pastoral Theology, C.S. Lewis Institute) and Dr. Will Kynes (Samford University) join us to discuss their book Wrestling with Job: Defiant Faith in the Face of Suffering (IVP Academic). We discuss a number of things including: what makes Job so challenging, how it encourages us to wrestle with God, the friends’ failure to comfort Job as opposed to God’s success in the divine speeches, how the proper translation of Job’s response indicates that he has received that comfort, and Job’s connections with Jesus. Listen here.
Relevant Resources from Bill and Will Kynes
- Will Kynes, An Obituary for “Wisdom Literature”: The Birth, Death, and Intertextual Reintegration of a Biblical Corpus. Oxford University Press, 2019.
- Will Kynes, My Psalm Has Turned into Weeping: Job’s Dialogue with the Psalms. De Gruyter, 2012.
- Will Kynes, ed., The Oxford Handbook of Wisdom and the Bible. Oxford University Press, 2021.
- Katharine Dell and Will Kynes, eds. Reading Job Intertextually. Bloomsbury T&T Clark, 2013.
- Bill Kynes and Will Kynes, Wrestling with Job: Defiant Faith in the Face of Suffering. IVP Academic, 2022.
Visit our website at thetwotestaments.com, where you can subscribe and continue your guided journey through Scripture.
Watch us on Youtube.