Matthew 20:29–23:39 with Amy-Jill Levine
Listen here as Dr. Amy-Jill Levine (Hartford International University for Religion and Peace) talks to us about Matthew 20:29–23:39. We discuss:
- Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem
- The trilogy of parables
- The Pharisees
- Suggestions for teaching Matthew 23 with sensitivity
This post contains affiliate links
- Short Stories by Jesus: The Enigmatic Parables of a Controversial Rabbi. HarperCollins, 2015.
- The Pharisees, ed. with Joseph Sievers. Eerdmans, 2021.
- The Misunderstood Jew: The Church and the Scandal of the Jewish Jesus. HarperCollins, 2006.
- Jewish Annotated New Testament, ed. with Marc Zvi Brettler. 2nd ed. Oxford University Press, 2017.
- The Bible With and Without Jesus: How Jews and Christians Read the Same Stories Differently, with Marc Zvi Brettler. HarperCollins, 2020.
This Week’s Blurb
In this episode, Amy-Jill Levine Recommends:
- Spending time with family, knitting, and ballroom dancing.
Visit our website at thetwotestaments.com, where you can subscribe and continue your guided journey through Scripture.
Find us on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Vurbl, iHeart Radio, Amazon Music, and Pocket Casts.
Watch us on Youtube.