Hosea with Bo Lim
Dr. Bo Lim (Seattle Pacific University) guides us through Hosea. We discuss:
- When, where, by whom Hosea was written
- Main themes of Hosea
- How Hosea relates to the Book of the Twelve
- The significance of Hosea’s marriage and children
- The difficult metaphor of God’s marriage to Israel and if the metaphor sanctions violence
- God’s judgment upon Israel as temporary discipline
- The father-so image that depicts God’s relationship to Israel, and the tricky theological issue of if God’s heart changes (11:8)importance of Revelation’s imagery, and not minimizing its imagery
- Hosea as an enduring exhortation to subsequent generations
Relevant Works by Bo Lim
- Hosea. Two Horizons Old Testament Commentary. With D. Castelo. Eerdmans, 2015
- The ‘Way of the LORD’ in the Book of Isaiah. T&T Clark, 2010
Bo Lim Recommends
- Korean sunscreen
- The spiritually transformative effects of exercise
Visit our website at thetwotestaments.com, where you can subscribe and continue your guided journey through Scripture.
Watch us on Youtube.
This episode is co-sponsored by Samford University and the Alabama Humanities Alliance, a state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Any views, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this episode do not necessarily represent those of the Alabama Humanities Alliance, the National Endowment for the Humanities or Samford University.